Sunday, June 03, 2007

Tagging...

Well, as I'm back in school tomorrow, with only two weeks of my course remaining, what else would I do but complete a meme from Lola?!

Apparently......she wants to know eight things that she never really wanted to know about me? :-s

1) I think I can actually be a really good teacher. I feel that whilst academic achievement is important, I'm more concerned with helping my pupils to become better people. I don't want them to leave my classroom with the highest grade ever and then be a real arrogant arse, I want pupils who try to achieve the best they can, and be the best person they can...if that makes any sense.

2) I'd very seriously consider leaving this country. As much as I can be patriotic about this country, I can also see it's failings. I'd miss my family, my friends and my job, but sometimes, I just want to get up and go to Canada, Australia, France, anywhere!

3) I'm slowly realising that I'm actually quite mature and level headed for my age...I'm not sure if I like it or not!

4) Related to number three....some people say that Mr J and I are like an old married couple...I'm not sure if I like that or not! We tend to stay in on Friday nights with a bottle of wine and a film or something instead of going out...is that old or not? It's usually because we're sooo tired!

5) I really need to make an effort to become healthier....
I seem to have put on weight during the PGCE and I'm not happy about it, as my pants don't fit anymore!
It's mainly due to the lack of exercise - sitting in front of a PC planning lessons doesn't burn that many calories, so I want to start walking to places a little more, get out at the weekends etc. I know, I know, I'm sat in front of a PC now, but I am doing work alongside this, promise.

6) I want my own house - I need my own house! The amount of files I have amassed in less than a year is nothing short of ridiculous.

7) Despite me thinking that I can be a really great teacher, I still sometimes wonder if I want to be a teacher!

8) Political correctness infuriates me! Can't sing baa baa black sheep.....it's a bloody black sheep! Can't say blackboard...why not?! Brainstorm??! Pah!

There we go, eight things which Lola never wished to know about me, but asked anyway!

Karen :)

No comments: