Monday, September 11, 2006

Avoiding......

...uni work again!!


Yes, I have reached the second week of teacher training! These two weeks have mainly been for admin purposes, sorting out registration and such like, but tomorrow, we have a presentation to do that is related to an area of our chosen subject - RE.

I decided to choose Sikhism as I have some knowledge on this but am not concrete in it, therefore, doing the presentation should help with that. The thing is, the presentation is only 5 minutes long....you may think that this makes it easier, but NO! It just means that we have to make decisions about what should be inluded, what should not and what kind of tasks can be incorporated. Also, we have to do it as if we are in front of a class of Year 7's (11 yr olds), so we have to try and get the pitch of it right too.

I should be preparing it now, but I really can't be bothered....ah well, my friend Emma said it only took her half an hour once she decided what to include.

Well, it seems that all I do is complain about uni, so some good news......
Mum and dad go on holiday tomorrow, so that means I have the house to myself - yippee!!
It also means that I'll probably be bored as hell, but hey, I guess I'll actually do some uni work then!!

Other good news, my better half made it to Canada and is alive and well!! He was last night anyway, but then he was going to have some Jack Daniels so who knows?!! He's back on Monday, so he can provide comfort for me, as we have our first placement in a school starting next week!

Guess I'll have to get used to only being able to go on holiday in the school holidays....you know, when it's more expensive and everywhere is busy busy busy : (

Oh I've also had fun this weekend shopping for 'teacher clothes'! Obviously, we have to dress in an appropriate way, but it's so hard for me to find pants that are short enough for my lil legs!! Why are petite ranges more expensive....when there's less material used?!!

Anyway, best get on with "Why is Langar so important to Sikhism?"

Karen x

ps....joke of the day......

Victoria Wood: He had a sex manual, but was dyslexic. I was lying in bed and he was looking for my vinegar : )

No comments: